- integrated optical elements for miniaturised atom traps
- ultraprecision physical micro-machining of planar optical materials
- nonlinear conversion for single photon detection
- scalable heralded single-photon sources
- Ultra-precision machining for ion trap quantum computing
Our world-leading research centre is a hive of activity with over 200 staff and students working on cutting-edge research to provide innovative solutions for real life problems in manufacturing, communication technology, defence, health care, renewable energy and the environment.
Applications would be welcome from candidates holding good degrees (1st class, 2:1 honours or MSc) in physics, materials science, mechanical or electronic engineering. Experimental skills are essential. We are looking for the photonics pioneers of the future to join our vibrant research team and work alongside our world-class researchers. Our PhD programme offers a solid start to any career in optics and photonics, whether you are planning to stay in academia or work in industry. CASE Award studentships working alongside industrial partners are also available.
For more information contact:
Dr James Gates (email@example.com)
to apply click here