Our group offers summer internships to MSc students and undergraduates.
Internships last from 4-12 weeks over a vacation period or during term time. Vacation internships are usually full time and term time internships are part-time to coincide with student studies. With the exception of international students who have restrictions on hours of work performed.
- integrated optical elements for miniaturised atom traps
- integrated optical waveguides for quantum computing
- ultra precision physical micro-machining of planar optical materials
- nonlinear conversion for single photon detection
- 3D printed integrated optics
- scalable heralded single-photon sources
- optical quantum circuitry
the benefits of doing an internship are
- Employability skills that enhance your CV
- The chance to build a great network of contacts
- The opportunity to work on a meaningful project and positively impact upon the host organisation
- Valuable insight into a particular industry/career path
Please contact: Paula Smith firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to arrange a time to discuss a project idea for your Summer internship. Please note, we are unable to fund international students, however will consider placements for those who can fund themselves dependent on course grades.