Our group offers summer internships to MSc students and undergraduates.
Internships last from 4-12 weeks over a vacation period or during term time. Vacation internships are usually full time and term time internships are part-time to coincide with student studies. With the exception of international students who have restrictions on hours of work performed.
- integrated optical elements for miniaturised atom traps
- integrated optical waveguides for quantum computing
- ultra precision physical micro-machining of planar optical materials
- nonlinear conversion for single photon detection
- 3D printed integrated optics
- scalable heralded single-photon sources
- optical quantum circuitry
the benefits of doing an internship are
- Employability skills that enhance your CV
- The chance to build a great network of contacts
- The opportunity to work on a meaningful project and positively impact upon the host organisation
- Valuable insight into a particular industry/career path
Please contact: Paula Smith email@example.com if you would like to arrange a time to discuss a project idea for your Summer internship.
Please note: we are unable to fund international students, however will consider placements for those who can fund themselves dependent on course grades.
Summer Internship opportunities are now closed for 2018. any enquiry made now would be considered for July 2019